Hurricane Sandy affected a huge area, and we need to accelerate the rate at which responders can assess damage.
This tool uses crowdsourcing to provide an initial filter on imagery that has been collected from affected areas. Your work feeds into analysts who are supporting FEMA.
1. Have a look at each image with the magnifying glass, and see if you can find any obvious flooding, building damage, or debris. You can click on the image to turn the magnifying glass on and off.
2. Return to the first tab and rate the photo using the following damage scale:
- Green: Light or No Damage: shingles or doors missing.
- Yellow: Moderate Damage: moderate to heavy damage to one or more structures, roads, and infrastructure. Some structures may be only lightly damaged.
- Red: Severe Damage: heavy damage to multiple structures, or if the area is still flooded.